The Plumber's Stool
simple things, beautifully made, by deVOL
- We're always on the lookout for inspiration when it comes to stools & chairs, it can be so easy to get it wrong that when you finally see something that looks right you've just got to have it. The Plumber's Stool was inspired by a set of vintage stacking school chairs from the Classic English kitchen in Frome.
- We had never made a tubular steel frame for a stool before, so we bought a pipe bender and some copper piping and set to work - this is when we started calling it The Plumber's Stool. It's taken us over a year to settle on a design and we couldn't be happier with how it has turned out.
- The frame is welded from strong steel tube, before being aged and oiled by hand by our metalsmiths to create a beautiful engineered dark satin finish.
- The seat and back rest are formed from 13mm ply with a seamless oak veneer and we have given them the same natural oiled finish as our Haberdasher's Kitchen cupboards.
- For more information or if you would like to place an order, please contact our designers at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01509 261000.
- All prices include VAT.