We are looking for a friendly and motivated Health and Safety Officer to join deVOL Kitchen’s Health and Safety department. deVOL currently has 10 locations based in Leicestershire, London, Bath, and New York with five of those being workshops based in Leicestershire.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for all employees at deVOL Kitchens. The role requires someone with either a basic level of experience or an interest in health and safety. We are happy to develop the right person if they show a keen interest. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are hardworking and keen to be part of an existing business that continues to grow.
The key responsibilities in this role include –
- Overseeing the implementation and adherence to H&S policies, ensuring compliance with local and national regulations.
- Conducting regular risk assessments and inspections of our workshops, identifying potential hazards, and recommending corrective measures to prevent accidents or injuries.
- Providing H&S training programs and materials to employees, promoting awareness and understanding of safety procedures and best practices.
- Investigating workplace incidents, accidents, or near misses, documenting findings, and recommending preventive actions to mitigate future occurrences.
- Developing and maintaining safety protocols, emergency procedures, and evacuation plans, ensuring they are communicated effectively to all staff members.
- Managing the inventory of safety equipment, ensuring proper functioning, availability, and training on usage.
- Maintaining accurate records of all safety-related activities, incidents, and training sessions. Prepare regular reports for management review.
- Keeping abreast of changes in health and safety legislation, ensuring the company's compliance, and making necessary adjustments to policies and procedures.
- Working closely with management, supervisors, and employees to foster a culture of safety and continuous improvement in health and safety standards.
We are looking for candidates who have –
- Some experience in a health and safety role or setting.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Certification in IOSH or NEBOSH is required.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety regulations and best practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We offer a competitive salary based on experience. You will receive 22 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays) which can increase with the length of service and experience, as well as life insurance, a wellness program, a cycle 2 work scheme, and company events.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply below with your CV and Cover Letter.