We are looking for a motivated individual to assist our metal department with the production of deVOL’s range of handcrafted metalware. This position would suit a new graduate with a 3D design crafts, product design, jewellery or fine art background with practical making skills and an interest in creative design and development.
The role includes assisting with general workshop tasks and the manufacturing of metal products using a variety of processes, equipment and machinery. Some knowledge and experience with metal techniques will be beneficial however, is not essential to the role as training and support will be provided.
Your job at deVOL will involve:
- Learning how to make moulds and sandcasting in brass and bronze.
- Cleaning up casts, drilling, sanding, buffing and polishing.
- Ageing, patinating and fine finishing metalware.
- Processing and packing customer orders.
- The opportunity to help design and develop deVOL’s range of handcrafted hardware.
We would love you to:
- Have a genuine passion for making and a keen eye for detail.
- Have a strong work ethic with a desire to learn new skills.
- Enjoy working within a small team of dedicated, hardworking and fun creatives.
The position also benefits from the opportunity to progress and develop a career within a small but rapidly growing company. CV’s that are not accompanied by a portfolio and covering letter will unfortunately not be considered. Salary 16k to 20k depending on experience. Job Location: Cotes Mill Showroom, Loughborough.
More information on our metalware products can be found here: https://www.devolkitchens.co.uk/interiors/knobs-handles.
“Employing over 50 design graduates, with manufacturing and design offices across 10 premises in Leicestershire, London and New York; deVOL is one of the leading and most highly respected kitchen/interior design companies in the UK.
Working from our Cotes Mill showroom; a 500-year-old water mill, you will be situated in a unique and creative design environment set within 12 acres of grounds with extensive river frontage. The beautiful grounds are also home to our family of doves, chickens, guinea fowl, swans, geese, peacocks, and cats.
For our craft designers, working with clay and metal is about as rewarding as it gets; with just simple raw materials and fire, they are able to craft beautifully unique objects for functional and decorative use. These timeless skills really go hand in hand and it’s so inspiring to see them kept alive here every day at the mill.”