Health & Safety Officer
In conjunction with external Health & Safety advisors, you will be responsible for implementing health and safety policy across our sites, ensuring that full safety compliance is met at all times. You will be the first point of contact for any health and safety enquiries. The role will also include managing the business’ insurance requirements and ensuring that the regulatory requirements of insurers are met with regards to risk management and health and safety.
This will involve:
- Inducting new members of staff
- Carrying out or arranging appropriate health and safety training for all staff members
- Maintaining training records
- Ensuring that risk assessments and method statements are kept up to date
- Liaising with external health and safety advisors to update the health and safety policy
- Working with external insurance brokers to ensure that business risk is appropriately managed
- You may also be required to undertake small ad hoc projects.
Ideally you will already hold a recognised health & safety qualification, such as the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
Role suitable for Jewellery and Metalsmithing Graduates…
“Accessory Production Assistant”
We are looking for a motivated and creative individual to assist our resident jeweller and metalsmith, Stephanie, with the production of deVOL’s new range of handcrafted kitchen hardware. This position would suit a new graduate from a metalsmithing, silversmithing or jewellery background with practical making skills as well as a creative design and development interest.
The role includes assisting with the production and finishing of new and existing kitchen products such as cup handles, knobs, pulls, shelf brackets and other accessories. The position also benefits from the opportunity to progress and develop a career within a small but rapidly growing company, with the potential to design and produce their own metalware products.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making, can work to deadlines, and has a clear drive and determination for their craft, with a keen eye for detail and finishing techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with metal casting and fabricating techniques, specifically sandcasting and cleaning up casts in brass, bronze and copper.
- General metals bench skills such as forming, soldering, drilling, piercing, polishing and finishing techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with applying natural patinas, such as aging, oxidising and Verdigris’.
- An expressed natural understanding of form, aesthetic and utility in designing and making handmade objects.
Please send your CV, a digital portfolio of your work and a covering letter explaining why you feel that you would be a good candidate for this role to email@example.com with the job title you are applying for in the subject field. CV’s that are not accompanied by a portfolio and letter will unfortunately not be considered. Salary 16k to 18k depending on experience. Job Location: Cotes Mill Showroom, Loughborough.
More information on our metalware products can be found here: https://www.devolkitchens.co.uk/interiors/ceramics/devol-handcrafted-cup-handles