deVOL directory: The Arts & Crafts Kitchen
15th September 2016
I fell for this kitchen the moment I saw it, and I know you guys did too… but I kind of put off doing one of these blogs because a lot of the lovely stuff that fills this room was actually vintage bits and bobs found by the very clever and very stylish customers at antique fairs, on eBay or at our showrooms.
… But then it made me think that maybe a lot of our customers, or people who follow us on social media, don’t actually know about all of the great and unusual and really well-considered pieces of antique furniture, vintage home and kitchenware and unique little treasures that we source from all over the world and have for sale at our showrooms. So, if you’re lusting after this perfectly balanced mix of old and new and classic and quirky, don’t forget that we don’t just do beautiful kitchens here at deVOL, we do lots of other cool stuff too.
The simple cupboards are from our Real Shaker Kitchen range, and here’s a little info on the rest…
1. The flooring was original parquet which the customers sanded back and waxed themselves. For a similar floor we recommend the beautiful new Rustic Oak Parquet from our sister company Floors of Stone, this can be oiled and stained to achieve your perfect colour and finish
2. White metro tile splashback with grey grout, from Topps Tiles
3. Lovely big industrial pendant lights hanging down from long chains
Sourced by the customer from antique fairs and eBay
4. Smeg ‘Opera’ range cooker in stainless steel
5. deVOL’s ‘Bella Brass’ hardware (only available to purchase as part of a deVOL Kitchen)
6. Carrara Opal Quartz worktops on the base cupboards, and oiled Oak on the island
(worktops can only be supplied by us as part of a deVOL Kitchen)
7. ‘Pantry Blue’ paint by deVOL (our paint colours are only available as part of a deVOL Kitchen)
8. deVOL’s Aged Brass Ionian taps by Perrin & Rowe and a Villeroy & Boch Farmhouse sink
To order deVOL taps please call our Cotes Mill showrooms on 01509 261000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sink – www.villeroy-boch.co.uk
9. Shelves full of amazing vintage bits sourced by the customer at antique fairs & our showrooms
Cotes Mill, Nottingham Road, Leicestershire, LE12 5TL – 2 Tysoe Street, Clerkenwell, London, EC1R 4RQ
And one more pretty cool fact is that this is our most popular deVOL kitchen, ever! It has been pinned over 30,000 times, seen by hundreds of thousands of people, makes up the top 3 most liked photos we have ever posted on Instagram and is the most viewed kitchen project on our website. I wish it was mine!!
– To view the full Arts & Crafts Kitchen project, just click here.
– To keep up with all our latest news, follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & Pinterest.