deVOL directory: The St. John’s Square showroom kitchen -PART 2
24th March 2017
On to PART 2 of this directory blog and first up we have the most beautiful, substantial and grand cupboards from our Classic English Kitchen range. Imagine having these in your home, they would make such a difference, neatly storing away all of the bits and bobs you don’t want out on show. These cupboards don’t have to be a dumping ground though, I love the idea of saving your favourite kitchen bits and crockery and glassware and cookery books, leaving the doors open and creating a lovely display – maybe not practical for everybody I know, but when you’ve got this much storage space surely you can spare a little for your most beautiful things.
– THE COUNTERTOP CUPBOARDS
1. We used a selection of our own beautiful door furniture for the St. John’s Square showroom kitchen. First up, our Classic Brass cupboard pulls, they’re simple and understated and look just right on the three sets of pans drawers beneath the countertop cupboards, nothing too over the top or fussy. We included a couple of our favourite Bella Brass cupboard catches on the bespoke glazed wall cupboards, they look traditional and feel so good to open and close, the perfect mix of aesthetics and comfort. And of course we had to incorporate some of Stephanie’s handmade Aged Brass cup handles on the island and bin unit, they feel substantial and heavy and have the prettiest patina. They will only get lovelier with time.
deVOL Handcrafted Cup Handles are priced at £45 each, for ordering info please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01509 261000
Bella & Classic Brass hardware is only available to purchase as part of a deVOL Kitchen
2. The countertop cupboards are filled with pieces from one of our favourite British companies, Falcon Enamelware. These guys have the loveliest little shop in Clerkenwell and their products are British classics, known for their simplicity and quality and iconic design. We’ve even got a few of their brand new limited edition tumblers in the coolest shades of green, the perfect match with our ‘Clerkenwell Blue’ paint.
3. We went for a simple 100KC wood burning stove by Esse for the old original fireplace. Finished in a gunmetal grey, this stove is clean burning, so is perfect if you live in a strict smoke control zone. It has kept us all cosy over the winter months, there’s nothing lovelier than being snuggled up inside while the rain beats down on the showroom windows, spying on all of the Londoners as they pass by and finding yourself almost mesmerised by the flames as they crackle and flicker and dance around inside. What a treat to have a proper wood burning stove in our showroom.
4. We picked up stacks of these simple old wooden crates from antique and vintage fairs, they’re big and roomy and handy for storing all kinds of things anywhere in your home.
The crates vary in price but are all around £35 each
We have lots of crates available at our Cotes Mill showrooms and limited stock at both our Tysoe st. & St. John’s Square showrooms
5. All of the St. John’s Square kitchen cupboards are painted in our brand new ‘Clerkenwell Blue’ colour, this is a bespoke paint colour for now, but seeing as it’s already been so popular we are looking to add it to our standard range of Shaker paint colours in the future, we’ll keep you posted! The beautiful pink shade on the walls is actually a mix of three different pink paints, we layered the colours on top of each and used sponges and dry brushes to create texture and a plastered effect, so cool and another of my absolute fave parts about the showroom.
Our paint colours are only available as part of a deVOL Kitchen
And now on to the corner of the showroom that has taken lots of our customers by surprise… the walk in pantry. We transformed a dark and dingy old room into this light and bright little space, with tongue and groove panelled walls to reflect the panels in the showroom, the two spaces link effortlessly. It would be a total luxury to have this in your home and would organise you so well… the dream!
– THE PANTRY
6. The pantry is painted in ‘Drop Cloth’ by Farrow & Ball, a lovely mid-toned neutral shade, it’s not too yellowy and it’s not too grey, it’s just spot on.
7. Our wonderful sister company, Floors of Stone, supplied the Bianco Carrara C Honed Marble Tiles for our pantry floor. These tiles are a 9mm backed porcelain tile with a 3mm marble veneer, making them super durable and much lighter than a solid marble tile. They are an understated subtle off white colour and have grey quartz veining running through them, they look so simple yet luxurious and I love them.
We went for the tiles in the 600 x 300 x 12 mm size & they are priced at £75.00/m2
8. There’s nothing better than a pantry stocked up with lots of lovely old pots and bowls and jars filled with goodies from Leila’s shop in Shoreditch. Leila’s is a rustic cafe serving up simple, tasty, home-cooked dishes and there’s a shop and greengrocers next door too, definitely worth a visit if you’re in East London.
9. We really wanted to keep the traditional vibe of the showroom running through into the pantry, so we went for these classic vintage metal wall lights in ‘Bramley Old Brewer’s Brass’ from Dowsing & Reynolds. Complete with a cool filament bulb, these old school wall lights can be fitted facing up or down.
10. We installed an aged brass hanging rail in the pantry too… pop on a few old rusty butchers hooks and it’s the perfect spot to hang linens, aprons, dried herbs, pots and pans and kitchenalia. And I’m super happy to share a sneak peek of these beautiful white enamel utensils, they’re also by Falcon Enamelware and will be launching on their website and in their little Clerkenwell shop very soon…
And I think that’s all of the lovely bits and bobs covered! I hope you’ve enjoyed these directory blogs and found them helpful, maybe even picked up a little bit of inspiration for your own project. There’s nothing better than seeing something in the flesh, so we would absolutely love you to pop into our new showroom, we’re open 6 days a week and you’re more than welcome to come in whenever, one of our lovely designers will always be happy to have a quick chat with you.
If you would like to talk in depth about your project, sit down for a couple of hours with one of our kitchen designers and take some deVOL designs and a quotation home with you, we would ask you to please call us and book an appointment.
We hope to see you soon!
– deVOL Kitchens, 36 St. John’s Square, London, EC1V 4JJ
– 0203 8797 900
– View PART 1 of this blog here.