The Bum Chair
designed for bums, by bums, by deVOL
- Awarded the prestigious Design Guild Mark in 2017 for excellence in British design.
- The Bum Chair was designed and produced in-house by deVOL's product design team.
- As with our Bum Stool, the shape of the chair pan was formed by sitting on slabs of wet clay. However, your natural sitting posture changes considerably with the addition of a backrest and this has resulted in a pan which is actually quite different by comparison.
- This naturally bowled shape helps with maintaining a healthy sitting posture by distributing your weight evenly and giving you proper support all around - making it surprisingly comfortable for a wooden dining chair!
- The chair is machined from high quality British timbers; elm is traditionally used for seat pans because its interlocked grain is naturally resistant to splitting, whilst the oak legs and backrest provide a solid and very durable frame.
- For more information or if you would like to place an order, please contact our designers at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01509 261000.
- All prices include VAT.