An Overseas Guide by deVOL – Part Two
6th July 2018
You may have seen my previous post about sending deVOL Kitchens overseas, click here to have a look! It’s definitely worth a read if you’re based outside of the UK and would like to know how we go about designing and sending your dream kitchen to your door even if you live 1000 miles away from us.
This blog is about all of the other things we make and sell here at deVOL that can be sent to places around the world. We get lots of questions about this and so I just thought it could be quite useful to have it all in one neat little place for you to come back to whenever you like.
It is worth noting here that because conversion rates are always changing, we charge everybody in Pound Sterling no matter where they’re based. This means the cost is always the same for each customer. There is also a small international transaction fee that the customer is charged which is usually 3% of the transaction. The delivery prices mentioned below are guidelines to give you an idea but please do drop us an email to email@example.com and we’d be more than happy to provide you with exact costs.Our Classic English Millhouse at Cotes Mill
First up, hardware! Our handcrafted knobs and handles can be sent anywhere in the world. You may be aware of Steph, deVOL’s resident jeweller, and her wonderful skill. We are lucky enough to have her working at our Cotes Mill metal workshop every day, sand casting each piece for our handcrafted knobs and handles collection. Sand casting allows us to create slightly different knobs and handles every time, the look of the hardware is different depending on how many little grains of sand you sprinkle inside the moulds. We love that we can offer this service to our customers and they can have one of a kind products, it makes sense that all the little extras should be just as special as the kitchens we make.
- The price for our hardware will vary slightly depending on the exact time you order. As mentioned above, we always charge in Pound Sterling.
- Classic and Boho Cup Handles are £45 each.
- Our handcrafted Knobs come in two sizes, the small being £24 and the medium being £32.
- The delivery cost is based on the weight, size and cost of the items we’re sending. It’s hard to give an exact price as it varies with every individual order but as an example, 15 Cup Handles sent to America costs £50.
- We are happy to send you samples but they will need to be paid for as every piece is handmade, your final order may slightly differ from the samples you ordered but we can promise you that they’ll be just as lovely.
- Click here to have a look at the whole collection.
One of the latest extras to come out of our metal workshop at Cotes Mill is our Hanging Rail, the perfect accessory in any home. Ready to be sent overseas, they’re beautiful and so practical – we’ve seen them as a rail for pots, tea towels, mugs and jugs, and we’ve even used one for a few hanging plants in the Millhouse. They’re available in both Aged Brass and Aged Copper, aged by hand by Steph to get a really lovely mottled patina. They are then sealed with a thin coat of wax to protect the finish.
- There are three different options when purchasing one of our Hanging Rails.
- For a rail up to 1200mm with two brackets costs £100, up to 2000mm with three brackets is £125 and up to 2500mm with four brackets costs £150.
- Delivery is available worldwide, with prices starting from around £25 to areas in Europe and £45 to the US – just to give you an idea.
- Please note that we would recommend purchasing an extra middle bracket if you opt for the Aged Copper finish as this is a softer metal than brass.
- We now also make really handy ‘S’ Hooks to go alongside the rails! These look so lovely with the rails and are available in an Aged Brass or a Blackened Oxidised Brass finish for an additional £5 each.
- View the Hanging Rails on our website by clicking here, and here for the Hooks.
Classic Shelf Bracket
These beautiful shelf brackets are sand cast and aged in-house to achieve a lovely mottled look. Available in an Aged Brass or Oxidised Brass finish, these brackets add a touch of vintage glam to any room and are perfect if you’re hoping to update a shelf without changing the whole thing. We really love how they look in our scullery in the Millhouse, supporting a cool slab of Carrara marble.
- The brackets are 185 x 155 x38 mm and cost £60 each.
- People tend to order around 4 brackets, the delivery to Europe starts at about £40 and £55 to the US.
- Click here to check out our Shelf Brackets.
Aged Brass Taps
We have always recommended Perrin and Rowe taps to our customers, they’re beautiful in design and totally reliable and of the best quality. We decided to partner up with the iconic brand to bring you four of their styles in a beautiful aged brass finish that is exclusive to deVOL. It’s wonderful to see how popular these taps are and we love seeing them in our customers’ homes.This is our Ionian tap, made in collaboration with Perrin and Rowe
All four styles of our Aged Brass Taps can be sent anywhere in Europe.
- It is worth noting that they are designed and manufactured to British specification and are supplied with a UK 22mm thread. Many of our customers ordering in Europe haven’t been affected by this and don’t need to do anything to make their taps compatible with their plumbing. However, if it turns out that you do, your local plumber should easily be able to modify it slightly for a small cost.
- The Mayan Taps costs £310, the Ionian Tap is £460, our Pot Filler Tap is £540 and the Parthian Mini Instant Hot Water Tap costs £980.
- Delivery cost to areas in Europe is £55.
- It usually takes between 2-5 working days to be delivered, depending whereabouts in Europe you are.
You may have seen on our social media platforms that we can now send three styles of our Aged Brass Taps to anywhere in the US!
- We can send out our Mayan style, our Ionian style and our Pot Filler tap.
- Delivery to the US is £65.
- Receiving the payment can sometimes take a few days from the US but we ship the taps as soon as we have received this and then it usually takes around 4-6 days to arrive.
- Click here to check out the different designs.
Ceramic Crackle Pendant Lights
You may have seen our Crackle Pendant Lights hanging in our showrooms, either in person or on social media. Our amazing ceramicist, Claire, makes them and each one is beautifully unique and wobbly and crackled, a truly special piece to have in your home. They have been so popular since we launched them that we just had to offer them internationally!One of our lovely Crackle Pendants
- Our Crackle Pendants come in two size options, small and large.
- The large is approximately 300mm in diameter and 150mm tall and is priced at £150.
- The smaller is 240mm in diameter, 120mm tall. This option is priced at £130.
- They come with the highest quality twisted black fabric flex cord and metal collar in either antiqued brass or aged bronze, that’s up to you. There is also an option to add a matching ceiling rose for £25 per light.
- We are now able to ship all of our lighting products including the electrical fixtures to the US, Canada, Austalia & Europe.
- Our large light shades are available with either B22 Bayonet, E27 Edison and E26 Edison lampholders depending on location. Please note that our small crackle light is currently only available with a bayonet fixture. Edisons will be available soon, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The delivery of our Crackle Pendants to the US, Canada and Australia tends to start at £60 per light, but it can vary depending on where the customer is based and how many lights they order. Delivery for orders within Europe usually costs around £50.
- Click here to have a look at our Crackle Pendants and you can even watch a video to find out exactly how Claire makes them.
Kat’s porcelain Pendant Lights
Kat, another member of our wonderful ceramics team at deVOL, has been working on a collection of lovely porcelain pendants for a while and we’re so pleased to be able to offer the final collection to our customers based around the world. Each pendant is delicate and elegant and just the perfect accessory in any room.
- Our Porcelain Pendant lights are available in 14 designs, varying in shape, size and texture. Prices range from £80-£140.
- They come with the highest quality white fabric flex cord and antiqued brass fittings. Matching ceiling roses are available for an additional £25 per light.
- The lights come with either a B22 Bayonet or E27 Edison fixture, dependant on the specific design.
- All of our porcelain pendant lights can be adapted to fit an E26 Edison (US/CA) lampholder. This tends to work very well on all our designs except the small beaker shade which is too petite for the Edison holder.
- We are able to ship all of our porcelain lights to the US, Canada, Austalia & Europe! Click here to have a little look at the full collection!
- Delivery costs vary greatly due to the wide array of lights on offer, please contact email@example.com and she’ll be happy to provide you with a quote.
Some pieces from our wooden accessories collection are too fragile to send overseas but we do have a few that can be delivered to anywhere around the world. All of our wooden Home Accessories are handmade to order in our workshops in Leicestershire using the highest quality materials and the best craftsmanship.
- Firstly, our Laundry Maids. We have designed a contemporary version of the traditional piece, using ash for the slats, brushed aluminum arcs and jute cord for the pulley system. They are such a lovely and practical addition to any home.
- They are priced at £265.
- The delivery cost varies but is usually around £45 to places in Europe and a little more for the US.
- Click here to find out a little more about our Laundry Maids.
- The other Home Accessories that can be sent are our Garlic Chopping Boards and our Classic Chopping Boards. All of our Chopping Boards are handmade to order by our wonderful team at Cotes Mill and are made with high quality rough sawn oak.
- Our Garlic Chopping Boards are small and stylish and very handy in the kitchen and our Classic Boards come in three different sizes and are so versatile in their uses, from chopping vegetables to serving cheeses.
- The delivery on these vary depending on the country you are based in and also the style and size of the Chopping Board but delivery costs to countries overseas start from around £15. Please do drop us an email with a few more details and we’ll be happy to give you the exact price.
- Click here to have a look at our Garlic Chopping Boards and here for the Classic Chopping Boards.
We love being able to offer our customers a range of handmade accessories, from the bits we mentioned above to bigger pieces like stools and chairs. Our Bum Stools came first, formed by sitting in wet slabs of clay and creating a super comfy seat! Next came the Bum Chair, the same principle but with a supportive backrest. Our Bum range is so popular with our customers and was even awarded the prestigious Design Guild Mark in 2017 for excellence in British Design!!Designed for bums, by bums
We’ve recently gone back to the idea of designing a stool and have now launched Helen’s Stool, a small, subtle, timeless design that looks wonderful just about anywhere. We’ve even seen it being used as a bedside table and it looked fabulous.
- We have had lots of messages asking if the Bum Stools and Bum Chairs can be shipped to America and Australia and the answer is yes! But there is a but… We can’t actually ship them out ourselves but it is possible to organise your own collection from our Leicestershire workshops and have them delivered to you that way. This is the same for our new Helen’s Stools and is proving quite a popular option with our customers.
- Our Bum Stools come in two different heights, one is counter height at 715mm tall – perfect for a breakfast bar or island. It is priced at £350.
- The other is table height and is 520mm tall and costs £340.
- Helen’s Stool is 670mm tall and is £190.
- Click here to be taken to our Bum Stools, here for our Bum Chairs and here for Helen’s Stools.
- Please note our Bum Stools are currently out of stock but we will be sure to let you know when we have more!
Handmade Tiles by Floors of Stone
Our sister company, Floors of Stone, make some really beautiful handcrafted tiles that can be shipped overseas. The resident ceramicist, Hannah, was inspired by the beautiful grounds of Cotes Mill and has created a wonderfully unique and lovely collection. Some of the tiles are actually made by printing plant cuttings, cut from our grounds, into the surface of the clay, then glazed. The tiles are rustic and charming and they’re so versatile in how you can use them!
- There are three different size options for the handmade Cotes Mill Tiles, you can go for 100 x 100 x 7mm, 120 x 120 x 7mm or 150 x 150 x 10mm.
- The prices start from £5 per tile and range up to £10 a tile.
- We would say that a standard splashback behind a cooker would usually around three boxes of tiles.
- A large order is considered four or more boxes, around 48 of the largest tiles fit into four boxes, 128 medium tiles fit into four boxes and 148 small tiles fit into four boxes.
- For large orders, the tiles will be sent on a pallet and if based in the US, the delivery cost would start from around £400 plus a packaging charge which works out at £5 a box. Delivery time is around one week.
- To send a pallet to Europe, the delivery charge starts at £100 and the delivery time is between four to five days.
- For smaller orders we use a courier and the delivery cost usually varies between £50 to £150 for places in Europe and the US, we will be able to give you an exact cost when we know where you are based. The delivery lead time for this is between three and four days.
Floors of Stone also sell some lovely handmade pink tiles and are currently working on their latest collection which features tiles in a beautiful faded green, deep blue and rich amber.
- All of these tiles mentioned can be sent worldwide either by air delivery or courier, depending on the amount ordered.
- These tiles are £5 and are 200 x 60 x 10mm in size.
- The same process as above applies for these tiles, with large orders being considered four or more boxes. Four boxes would contain 128 tiles from this collection.
- Please get in touch with Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions on this.
- Click here to be taken to the Handmade Tiles collection.
Now that was a lot of information… But hopefully some of you will find a couple of the parts useful!! If you have any questions on any of the things mentioned above, or would like to place an order, please just drop us an email at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help in any way we can.The latest ceramic tile range by Hannah